Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dr. Banner's Notes 10/12/04-6/14/05

10/12/04-
I had my first session with Thomas Matthews today after his previous psychiatrist, Dr. Richards, went missing.  Thomas wasn't very responsive to me in our session to day at all.  Mostly he gave nods for yes and shook his head for no.  When he did speak, though, he spoke in a very hushed tone.  He seemed very torn up about his previous psychiatrist's dissaperance.

10/21/04-
Today Thomas and I tried using clay to express his emotions currently.  He molded a horse, a pirate captain, and a bed with a little clay figure in it, but he wasn't done there.  He molded a rectangle, and placed a  sphere on top, and placed it next to the bed where the little clay figure was.  Obviously this was supposed to be "Mr.Tall" watching him.  I asked Thomas why he molded that, and he said, "Well, it's what happens every night, and I don't like it.  I figured it showed how I feel.".

11/18/04-
Thomas showed some very good progress today.  I was asking him about his day so far, and he interrupted me to tell me that he knows "Mr.Tall" is not real.  He also told me that he wants my help to help him see that.  I told him that together we could get him to see that.

12/9/04-
Thomas told me that my technique of him pretending that "Mr.Tall" wasn't there when he saw him at night was working, because, last night he wasn't there.  Thomas has become more comfortable around me, and seems to trust me like had apparently trusted Dr. Richards.  I'm glad that I'm making some progress with this boy.

12/17/04-
Thomas has been behaving more and more like a boy his age, and isn't showing many signs of mental illness anymore.  Mostly we talk about past experiences Thomas has had on family vacations and things of the such.  I think he'll be ready for release by New Year's Eve.

12/31/04-
Thomas was found with several symbols cut into his back this morning.  His bed sheets, and pajamas were covered in blood.  He's currently in the hospital.

1/5/05-
Thomas was released from the hospital today, and we will resume our sessions tomorrow.  I honestly worry that there is some one tormenting this boy in this hospital, and is only feeding into Thomas' delusions.  I've heard that this was the case with Dr.Richards when he was treating the boy.  Apparently, while Richards was treating the boy, a security guard had been dressing up in a costume and abusing Thomas.  I wonder if there are others who were involved with what that security guard was doing.

1/6/05-
Thomas wouldn't communicate with me at all during our session.  He's regressed.

1/18/05-
Thomas finally said something to me today.  "I told myself he wasn't there.  I really did.".  After he finished telling me this he began to cry.  Police have been interrogating members of the staff.  They couldn't get a good read on who attacked him since Thomas said that "Mr.Tall" did it.

2/5/05-
The police arrested the nurse who had been torturing Thomas.  They found a black robe and mask in her house after they had seen that she scared Thomas.  Thomas began to make progress with me before the incident New Year's Eve, why would she have stopped only to resume then?

3/8/05-
It's amazing how much Thomas has recovered since that nurse was fired.  He's back where he was before the incident.  We're even sharing past experiences again.

6/14/05-
Thomas was released just a few minutes ago.  His parents were over joyed to have him coming home, and Thomas was happy to be going home.  Though, he did tell me that he would miss me.  I must say that I'll miss him as well.  It's been nice to see someone recover from such horrible circumstances.

You got the time wrong, it was only 1 year.
-A Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment